Acupuncture for Stopping / Quitting Smoking
- We have had over 75 patients who sought help with quitting smoking; approximately
65 of them successfully stopped smoking.
- Typically, 1 week of treatment consisting of 3 acupuncture sessions will completely
eliminate nicotine cravings.
The role of acupuncture in nicotine cessation isn't limited to reducing cravings.
Acupuncture has also been proven to promote relaxation and better sleep. Moreover,
acupuncture can be used to treat many disorders associated with smoking, such as
damage to the bronchopulmonary and cardiovascular systems and the symptoms from nicotine withdrawal.
In our experience, the
effectiveness of acupuncture varies with many factors, including the length of time
the patient has been smoking, their overall health, and the frequency of treatment.
In many cases, we will also use auricular (ear) acupuncture to help the patient
retain the effects of acupuncture between treatments.
Help us spread the word about acupuncture by writing a x">testimonial!
Key points from recent publications:
- A 4 week clinical trial of 238 smokers concluded that acupuncture decreased the
amount of cigarettes smoked and the desire to smoke. (more)
- In a study of 46 smokers who averaged 20 cigarettes a day for 23 years found that
acupuncture helped many of them quit completely. (more)
- Another study showing that acupuncture was significantly more helpful than a placebo
in helping people quit smoking. (more)
- Acupuncture has been clinically proven to help smokers quit.
- Acupuncture can also be used to treat the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal.
- Studies have shown that acupuncture is not only effective, but it is also cost effective.